In a dynamic and fast growing environment, the resource shall be responsible for the execution of electrical engineering projects for power generation and moto-compression trains. She/he will act as main entry point for the Customer during all job phases, starting from bidding phase up to the train commissioning and start-up.Essential Responsibilities: The Electrical Engineer will:
- Read Customer contractual specifications; perform technical selection of all electrical items in scope of supply (e.g. Electrical MV generators, MCC, DCP, Batteries, Control Cab, Electrical MV motor, MV Variable Speed Drive Systems); formulate functional purchase specifications and manage technical alignment of supplier technical proposals;
- Be responsible of technical documentation during the engineering development phase following up with supplier and customer up to finalization.
- Carry out engineering design reviews with suppliers and customers to ensure compliance with customer contractual specifications and project applicable international rules;
- Participate to FAT (Factory Acceptance Tests) for main/critical items and support to manufacturing team for internal testing. Engineering site support during plant commissioning and start-up;
- Interface in effective way with project team members (PE, PM, DE's) and other involved functions (e.g. Sourcing, Sales, Application and Manufacturing teams);
- Be part of new supplier qualification process and internal standard update.
- Take part in cost out and productivity activities on electric items.
- Be introduced into electric system studies and simulations with the use of simulation tools like Matlab/Simulink, ETAP, DigSilent.
- Masters' degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering;
- At least 1 year of experience within an engineering environment in similar positions
- Technical knowledge of electrical item design and selection (rotating machines, MV/LV panels, variable speed drive systems) and related technical issues;
- PC proficiency and basic knowledge of Matlab/ Simulink, DIgSILENT and ETAP simulation tools.
- Basic Knowledge of international stds (ie IEC, NEMA, ISO, API..) covering electrical rotating machines, adjustable speed drives, MV/LV panels;
- Effective problem solving abilities;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to work in a multi cultural team in a matrix organization;
- Self motivated, ability to identify practical and innovative ways to meet business goals;
- Ability to interface effectively with different functions and customers;
- EU Work Permit.
- Knowledge of O&G products;
- Global Experience, having worked abroad
- PhD in related discipline.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more