The Process and Pipeline Services, In-line Inspection group is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team. This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross discipline team working with state-of-the-art technologies in the energy industry.
This hands-on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing, and deployment of new components and complete systems for harsh environment operations. The opportunity affords career growth and mentoring through a training and development program. Our positions offer choices ensuring stability, flexibility, and mobility-both career and geographic.Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of Mechanical Engineer, you will:
- Conceptual design development utilizing advanced analytical tools including CAD and finite element analysis.
- Optimize design concepts to meet performance/reliability requirements and cost targets.
- Adherence to BHI design standards; BHI engineering change management, document control, and product development processes; regulatory and industry standards.
- Design for reliability, manufacturability, maintainability and survivability in the operating environmental conditions including shock, vibration, and high pressure
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in mechanical engineering
- Travel 10% of the time, as required
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mechanical engineering
- P Eng registered with APEGA
- Practical experience in the above-mentioned area of expertise gathered during internships, thesis and/or professional experience
- Machine design experience with complex equipment
- Experience and/or knowledge of the in-line inspection industry
- Experience with CREO, Solidworks, Inventor, Windchill and Oracle
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Intermediate technical skills including experience in CAD (3-D modelling and 2D drafting) and the utilization of Finite Element Analysis tools in a design & build environment.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with respect to Applied Mechanics, Engineering Design, and Technology Development.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and able to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks and be flexible to changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more