The Senior Technologist, Technology Deployment, Indonesia & Philippines liaises with Global Technical Support, Global Technology Deployment teams, the CLT (Country Leadership Teams) functions and Technologists in the hub to provide overall customer technical support, deploy and help launch new products.
The role focus of this role is to support the Indonesia and Philippines CLTs but the role holder will also be expected to support other team members within the hub on specific product knowledge as determined by skills or as assigned by the Manager of the Hub.Key Accountabilities
- Engage directly with sales, marketing and supply chain in the CLT to provide customer support, deploy and help launch new products, provide technical advocacy, support new business opportunities (including technical input to tenders)
- Understand and advise on technology requirements of CLT.
- Deliver technical support to customers to resolve issues, potentially including laboratory work/analysis and interpretation of analytical data and delivery of reports
- Provide product and application advice and support with training to technical network/sales technical staff.
- Provide input to new PD projects, support and monitor proof of performance/customer approval tests, identify suitable finished goods for purchase.
- Support resolution of local raw material shortages, IMTs and quality incidents.
- Provide leadership on the integrity and management of technical data. Ensure that claims are relevant, valid and substantiated for local law and in line with Product Development and Marketing guidance.
- Deliver the technical communications for new product launches using global materials, adapting where necessary or creating materials to meet local customers requirements, ensuring that the technical benefits land in an impactful way in the CLTs/with customers.
- Maintain technical knowledge of products, applications and competitor information as applicable to responsibilities.
- Coach and mentor less experienced members of the team and share technical knowledge with wider technical community.
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical discipline
- Proven broad experience of lubricant development and technology commercialisation and deployment (mastery)
- Broad knowledge of BP's products (as applicable to the role) their composition, manufacture and application
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to working and networking with subject matter experts
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Competencies as per capability framework