Skills: Emergency Response, Control Room Operations
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
CONTROL ROOM SUPERVISOR
Primary Purpose of Job
Responsible and accountable for the effective day to day management and control of a highly technical multi-disciplinary combined Emergency Industrial Cities Directorate Command and Control Centre handling all end users emergency calls as well as the Emergency Operational Centre set up for all End-Users and Industries to effectively deal and coordinate major emergencies.Accountable for the supervision, planning, training and overall operations of the day by day activities of his shift-team as well as the orientation of all Emergency Services, (Fire & Rescue, Medical, Security) operations within the Industrial Cities Emergency group ensuring that all the highly diverse communications systems are in place and that all emergency & data handling equipment is in optimum working condition.
• Have a Degree/Diploma or equivalent in a relevant HSE discipline.
Experience & Skills
• Preferably, have 10 years experience working in a Senior Emergency Practitioner in one of the emergency response disciplines preferably as a Senior Control Room Supervisor in a high profile Police or Fire Department emergency services control room.
• This job requires a highly specialised, skilled, industrial experienced emergency shift manager with strong leadership qualities for a diverse team of operators and exceptional communications skills, covering two concession areas with hundreds of end users, to manage a 24/7 control room.
• Must have an excellent command of the English language, being able to write technical reports and speak fluent English to management and subordinates. Fluent Arabic writing and speaking will be an advantage.
• Must have an excellent knowledge of incident mobilisation systems, communications systems and strategies for the implementation and effective operations thereof.
• Must have a detailed knowledge of Hazardous materials, the risks associated with the various Hazardous Materials and the specific specialised response requirements and the resource deployment required for such incidents.
• Must have strong supervisory skill to manage a diverse multi-national group of emergency control room operators.
• Must be able to use a broad range of modern control room communications and information systems and comply with all emergency procedures.
• Must be able to keep effective records and write high level reports to management.
• Must be able to use the following applications; Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Word. Preferable to have used Lotus Notes, GIS software and SAP previously.
• Possess a valid Driving Licence.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa