As a member of the Procurement & Sourcing team, this position is responsible to execute on the sourcing plans and drive opportunities to preferred suppliers, and negotiate cost reductions through alignment with sourcing strategy. This position also implements sourcing plans to effectively manage the sourcing activities related to his/her assigned portfolio in order to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan. Sourcing Specialist acts as the key point of contact for designated suppliers to manage the relationship. Lead Sourcing Specialist acts as a mentor and coach to junior Sourcing Specialists in the organization. It is the responsibility of the Sourcing Specialist to adhere to standard BHGE OFS Sourcing processes. This position is part of the Operations Supply Chain organization.Essential Responsibilities:
- Execute region sourcing plans that secure supply and minimize disruptions, in accordance with category sourcing strategies and Product Line requirements.
- Selects suppliers in accordance with preferred suppliers defined by Region Category Managers.
- Mentor and coach Sourcing Specialists in the organization
- Conduct in-depth cost and spend analysis in order to develop cost savings initiatives through various cost reduction options
- Evaluates suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service for existing as well as new suppliers.
- Execute deflation initiatives, manage contracts leakage and negotiate payment terms.
- Work closely with Region Category Leader on sourcing category strategy, supplier negotiations, supplier selection, supplier approval, supplier onboarding, etc.
- Conducts RFx and bidding processes for dollar value greater than $10K minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Manages supplier relationship with Regional & Local suppliers.
- Effectively communicates with and maintains the highest degree of relations between the Company and all levels of supplier personnel.
Below are the required qualifications for Lead Sourcing Specialist.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of prior procurement/Procurement Specialist experience
- Comprehensive understanding of procurement processes in products and services purchase environment
- Capable of leading global negotiations for high value contracts
- Strong knowledge of the key aspects of the RFI/RFQ sourcing process
- Ability to understand value streams, cost drivers and how to break down cost structures
- Results driven, self- starter, problem solver with proven ability to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Ability to lead and mentor peers
- Flexibility to travel on short notice
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office products
Not required but additional preferred elements
- Master Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting or a related field
- Team leadership experience
- SPSM or CPP certification
Can be located in Houston, TX or Broussard, LAReports to:
Sourcing & Procurement Manager