Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Electrical Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Supplier Quality Engineering Specialist will collaborate with Engineering, Project Management, Site Quality Team and Global Sourcing team on all activity required to effectively manage supplier quality requirements & supplier development.
In this role Supplier Quality Engineering Specialist, you will:
• Focal point for supplier quality related to activities for the supplier base supporting the company Coordinate, direct, and manage supplier quality activities with focus on issue resolution (CA / PA), supplier's approval, qualifications, development, process control, and quality assurance consistent with Global Sourcing quality initiatives.
• Technical focal point for supplier activities directed toward process control and quality assurance of site material and components
• Drive continuous improvement of supplier's quality performance through Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma principles and methodology
• Monitor and drive for Cost of Failure / Quality (COF / COQ) reduction within the business and working with the Sourcing / Commercial teams costs associated with rejects / defects
• Monitor suppliers' non-conforming performance / trends, and identify and drive process improvement, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
• Providing technical guidance to suppliers towards assuring product / process compliance with engineering drawings, customer flow down requirements and specifications
• Work closely with Sourcing, Business Teams and Engineering to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality requirements
• Drive improvements through the internal supplier base and report the metrics out a monthly basis
• Take ownership of the site SQE related procedures ensuring ongoing reviews and amendment are made
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Engineering with an Electronics / Machining / Fabrication background
• Desired Characteristics:
• Demonstrated project management skills
• In-depth knowledge of / current auditor certification for NQA-1 / AS-9100 / ISO9000
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skill set and ability to co-ordinate multiple priorities
• In-depth knowledge of NQA-1 / AS-9100 / ISO9000
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in cross functional team environment
• Highly self-motivated, results / metrics driven with demonstrated influencing skills
• Knowledge of quality tools and statistical analysis and applications preferably in Oil & Gas / Energy Industry / Aerospace business
• Lead Auditor qualified through a recognized accreditation body
• Green Belt Certified (Internal employees only)
Location: Jandira, Brazil
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more