Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Materials Specialist for a permanent position, located in Westhill, Aberdeen.
The Materials Specialist is responsible for executing warehouse activities within the assigned Product Line or location. The Materials Specialist is responsible for inventory accuracy, physically and in the warehouse management system. This person provides support on planning and stock replenishment activities those are performed by the Material Control Tower (MCT) team
- Ensure adherence to company standards and established procedures to maintain control over the physical product flow and storage at the warehouse and other inventory areas.
- Supervise or directly execute or supervise warehouse processes, including reception, issuance, counting and junking.
- Document and label goods per company standards and local requirements.
- Maintain timely input to the Warehouse Management System and ensure accurate stock transaction records.
Implement local strategies to reduce excess and ageing stock; aim for reduction of stock on hand and slow moving indicators for the assigned Product Lines.
- Execute cycle count and periodical physical counts. Create and post adjustments and root causes, and reporting as per global procedure.
- Review exception reports to maintain data integrity in the Warehouse Management System, including discrepancies between systems, unit price, aged open, failed and pending for approval, unmatched transactions, and inactive parts.
- Execute and follow up internal field material transfers until final closure, ensuring quality controls are carried out and are compliant with the Product Line quality standards.
- Aim for continuous improvement and regularly use LEAN tools to improve warehouse efficiency and reduce waste. Implement advanced techniques to improve local materials management efficiency.
- Conduct self assessments and audits as dictated by the Schlumberger global processes.