Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Apply the principles of accounting in order to prepare timely, accurate financial records in compliance with the company's policies and procedures and related internal controls.
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts for assigned companies.
- Prepare bank reconciliation of controlled accounts.
- Prepare analysis on assigned subject matter.
- Prepare sub ledger reconciliations.
- Adhere to the month end close checklist to ensure all procedures are fully completed.
- Prepare schedules for the financial reporting group as assigned.
- Complete special projects as assigned on a timely basis.
- Prepare audit schedules as directed.
- Prepare Ad Hoc requests from multiple departments within the company.
- Obtain an understanding of company structures and organizational relationship of companies within regions and assigned companies.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of all relevant accounting entries, with supporting documentation as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with major in Accounting or Finance or commensurate experience and job related training.
- Two years experience for degreed individual or individual with 5-7 years related work experience.
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and word processing.
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounting with analytical skills and attention to detail.
- PeopleSoft experience a plus.
- The job requires employee to work with others as a team and think through and solve problems step by step.
- Good communication skills are required, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to work hours needed to meet deadlines.
- Incumbent uses his or her own initiative and resourcefulness to meet deadlines.
- The job requires the ability to recognize problems and bring to the attention of others along with the ability to determine the priority of assignments.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.