Glasgow, United Kingdom
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Eden Scott's client is a spinout of UWS and now operates out of Scotland's Bio City on the M8 corridor. The business has just secured another £3.3 million investment which will help further develop the company's ultrasound technology. With this, they now have a requirement for an experienced Business Development Manager to join the business.
Reporting to the Business Development Director the Business Development Manager will play a key role in rapidly growing business, working closely with the Business Development Director and Technical teams to implement the overall NDT sales strategy for the region predominantly within the Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Aerospace, and Manufacturing sectors to achieve ambitious business growth targets through direct and distributor sales channels.
· Developing the NDT business across the UK and North America achieving quarterly and annual business goals and objectives
· Delivering a range of sales and marketing activities that generate new leads and recurring sales to achieve sales growth targets
· Owning the sales pipeline and CRM, from identification and prospecting to closing and customer management
· Understanding the market, the customers, the applications, and the competition, and be our market expert for this region
· Managing key account relationships and customer projects to ensure our customers receive the highest level of service
· At least 3 years' successful experience in business development, preferably within the NDT market sector
· Experience of selling into any of the following: Aerospace, Nuclear, Manufacturing, Plant, Process Control and Oil & Gas sectors
· Ideally experience in and understanding of NDT and ultrasonic technology, specifically of sensors and transducers
· Experience of working with blue-chip clients
· Able to demonstrate projects and product sales that have been prospected through lead generation and taken through to delivery and after sales support
· Comfortable working with an early stage business
· Demonstrable capability to achieve goals with a collaborative and partnership-oriented approach
· Exceptional communication skills, to articulate clearly the technical advantages and performance benefits of products and technology
· Entrepreneurial and resourceful, able to manage own time and meet deadlines within a team, working in a dynamic SME environment
· Available for extensive overseas travel to client meetings, conferences and tradeshows
· Willing to take on any other reasonable task or responsibility as part of the role
The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of the technology, experience working in the NDT space or similar, and the ability to engage and influence at a senior level with leading businesses to create a continuous pipeline of recurring sales opportunities. The ideal candidate will also be willing and able to travel extensively to North America, and capable of delivering exceptional results to deadlines and budgets.
This is an exciting role with an attractive package based on experience.
Please note that any inquiries direct to the client will be re-directed to Eden Scott.
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.