An opening for a Statutory Analyst based in Malaysia. This position will work along with a group of professional in supporting various financial functions within Enterprise Financial organization. Essential Responsibilities:
- Deals with external auditors under general/minimal supervision.
- Mainly involved in managing the external audit for countries spread within the APAC, Middle East & Africa region.
- Key point of contact for communication/resolution of audit issues.
- Review of statutory financial statements and coordination of audit requests by working closely with Regional Accounting Centre (RAC) functional teams, Country Accounting Centre (CAC) Leads, tax, legal, company secretary, operations and other BHI internal teams wherever relevant.
- Active liaison with RAC and CAC statutory team to ensure completion of all statutory filings within the region in a timely manner and within the stipulated statutory deadlines.
- Prepares the audit pack and draft the statutory financial statements that are in compliance to the local statutory requirements independently or minimal supervision.
- Analytical support, to analyse and prepare Audit Packs and Variance Analysis
- To continually review processes and seek to communicate and implement changes to improve efficiency, particularly by leveraging on audit issues and findings encountered during the financial year.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Accountancy/Finance or equivalent professional qualification (ACCA/CPA/ etc).
- Minimum 5 years working experience in external audit and in planning/ analysis filed
- 3 - 4 Years' working experience in Big 4/medium size professional accounting firm will be added advantage.
- Possesses and applies knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Possesses good analytical and inter-personal skills.
- Able to multitask, independent, proactive and willingness to learn.
- Experience in Analysis, variance commentary and reporting
- Experience in auditing oil and gas, manufacturing, chemical company would be an added advantage
- Knowledge in SAP and HFM will be added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application particularly Excel and Word.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.