Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
This position is within our Asset Integrity Group. We have more than 50 years of experience in managing inspections and safely applying advanced technologies to gather the data you need to make informed decisions. Our comprehensive range of services, from the inspection of a single component, to a full-scale integrity management program, ensure you are able to leverage the benefits of our industry-leading technologies and services to save time and expenditure-regardless of industry.
The NDT Technician Level I will assist in performing RT, UT, MT, PT and NDT industrial inspections of onshore / offshore piping, pipelines, pressure vessels, and structural components. Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Level II Technicians in Radiographic Testing in accordance with applicable regulations, codes, practices, and procedures
- Load and process film
- Be trained to read and interpret film
- Learn to prepare, set-up and complete all necessary paperwork
- Assist Level II in conducting tests in other NDT methods
- Must be able to travel and work on a call-out basis both domestic & international
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Assist other technicians
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, paying special attention to health and safety policies.
- Must be able to travel and work on a call-out basis, both domestic and international.
- Must be able to work in harsh environments.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Entry level, 0 to 6 months applicable experience.
- Must be able to certify to ASNT-TC-1A Level II.
- Must be able to pass Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival training.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a TWIC card, valid Passport, Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM
OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Two (2) years of documented RT Level I work experience.
- Documented RT training per SNT-TC-1A.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.