This role is responsible for leading the sourcing initiatives and responsibilities for Continental Europe, including direct interaction and coordination with suppliers (indirect and direct) in support of P&M Operations, and liaison with project teams.Essential Responsibilities
- Support the achievement of operational excellence and fulfilment goals across commodities and across sites
- Responsible for tracking, reporting, and performance of Sourcing's KPI's and Margin Improvement Initiatives as prioritized
- Enforces and complies with Global Procurement Policies
- Support daily operational requirements by prioritizing procurement shortages
- Contact suppliers by phone or email to negotiate lead times and place or expedite purchase orders.
- Update purchase orders with new contract delivery or current promise dates
- Closely monitor supplier performance to plan and work with the suppliers to manage any required recovery plans / actions
- Understand lead time drivers and work with suppliers, engineering, and operations to create solutions for meeting delivery
- Manages workflow activity via ERP System
- Initiates Supplier Reviews and On-boarding, and can occasionally assist with supplier audits
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (or a High School Diploma / GED with at least 2 years of experience in a Sourcing role)
- Desired Characteristics Supply Chain Management training and/or experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and ERP systems (Oracle/SAP preferred)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.