Baker Hughes is currently hiring an International Trade Compliance Leader based in Houston, Texas.
In this role, you will be responsible for strategic planning, assessing risk, and implementation of import, export, sanctions, and boycott compliance initiatives for product lines within Digital Solutions, Oilfield Equipment and/or Turbo Processing Solutions; develop and maintain related programs and procedures; demonstrate leadership by ensuring product company operations and management are kept up to date on ITC initiatives by means of internal communications and/or quarterly meetings. Primary focus is on the Process & Pipeline Solutions (PPS) product line. Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with applicable trade compliance laws and regulations by consistently collaborating with ITC personnel in the various regions where product companies operate, assisting product lines to achieve their operational goals and objectives.
- Support ITC program initiatives by helping build, manage and maintain a best-in-class global trade compliance program
- Participate in various projects as assigned.
- Work closely with various product company functional areas in their planning and implementation of product lines goals and initiatives while adhering with ITC Playbook requirements for each area.
- Support the business by identifying opportunities for process improvements as they relate to ITC activities.
- Partner with PPS Logistics and M&C Logistics personnel ensuring int'l shipments of licensable articles are processed in a compliant manner.
- Specifically for PPS:
- work closely with global operations on strategic planning and information gathering to ensure PPS obtains all applicable global licenses and authorizations needed to facilitate business and meet customer commitments.
- Assist the classification team determine accurate import/export classifications for PPS products and technologies.
- Conduct audits of PPS functional areas and sites to ensure compliance with ITC Playbook requirements.
- Conduct in-person ITAR training for key PPS personnel appropriate to their job descriptions.
- Conduct site assessments ensuring compliance with export controls as they relate to licensable defense and non-defense articles.
- Review High Risk Country Work Flows.
- Participate in Compliance Review Boards, and Compliance reviews with product line Counsel.
- As needed, support ITC initiatives in the evaluation and implementation of technology solutions that integrate key import and export compliance processes/requirements into current company systems.
- Participate (as needed) in trade compliance related investigations
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, related discipline or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 8+ years of experience in a trade compliance role
- Administratively self-sufficient
- Domestic and International experience in oil and gas industry or emerging technologies required
- Excellent analytical ability
- Strong customer focus
- Willingness to maintain exemplary standards of personal and professional integrity
- Proficient and effective communication skills in both oral and written form including strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently to accomplish job responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, matrix organization
- Multi-lingual a plus