Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas. Position Summary
Develop and Engineer software for the transition of the ARGOS to a new computer platform and implement new capability to control multiple bridges. Duties & Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer - Active Response Gravity Offload System (ARGOS) Robotics you will:
- Develop software for the transition of the ARGOS to a new computer platform and implement new capability to control multiple bridges.
- Develop software documentation.
- Maintain strict source code control.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A minimum of a BS degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university and at least five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience. Higher degree achievments will be taken into account when considering experience.
- Proficiency with C++, Python, Linux.
- Experience with GUI design using Java.
- Experience developing software per coding standards.
- Knowledgeable in source control systems such as Git.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills and strong customer service attitude.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Hardware/software integration.
- EtherCAT modules.
- Motor controllers.
- Control systems.
- Continuous integration.
- Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.