We have a vacancy for a software engineer within our Subsea Software Engineering department. The subsea software team work across a varied range of technologies and software disciplines covering our current and legacy portfolio of subsea products.
The team mainly work on the software that is deployed on our subsea electronics modules (SEM), the equipment used to communicate with the SEMs and the suites of tools that we deploy internally and externally to support the test and operation of these products.
The majority of the engineers in the team work across the full software development lifecycle and regularly get to work directly with the hardware we produce in both laboratory and production environments.
For the right candidate there will be opportunities to work on current projects, new product introduction, services, testing and maintenance, and much more.
Baker Hughes also offers multiple career paths and has opportunities for those who wish to move into management roles, progress up the technical ladder or explore other disciplines in the UK and across the world.Responsibilities
Required Experience & Qualification
- Analyse and document project / product requirements in line with customer requirements / expectations.
- Implement and document project / product designs in line with customer requirements / expectations.
- Develop software in line with the processes set out in our software quality management system.
- Develop test documentation and automated tests that can be traced back to requirements.
- Participate fully in design reviews, including presenting and exploring ideas and concepts.
- Review code developed by peers and actively use static code analysis tools, such as LDRA.
- On occasions travel to other Baker Hughes and customer sites in the UK and overseas, to support external verification activities such as commissioning and extended factory acceptance testing.
- Regularly keep management and project teams updated on progress and informed of emerging risks to schedule, cost, resource availability and scope.
- A good degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar OR Equivalent relevant work experience.
- Have experience of developing applications using modern programming languages, particularly Python, Java and C#.
- Experience of computer networking and networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP and PPP.
- Experience of serial communications protocols such as RS232, RS422 and RS485.
- Experience of industrial communications protocols such as Modbus, Profibus and CANbus.
- Work well with people from all sorts of backgrounds and across engineering disciplines.
- The ability to communicate ideas and opinions, both verbally and in written form, to a high standard in a clear and accessible manner.
- A problem solver who thrives on a challenge.
- Happy to work independently with the organisational skills to handle working on several tasks concurrently.
- Comfortable working in an environment where customer expectations on quality are high, and where delivery schedules and deadlines matter!
- Work with integrity
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more