Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Electrical Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Within Innovation Lab Metrology in Firenze she/he oversees the development and implementation of the Lab's quality systems (ISO 17025) by ensuring that all testing work completed by the laboratory is in accordance with client specifications, the company's standard operating procedures and regulatory agencies regulations.
She/he will deal in metrological technologies and processes; She/he will be familiar with calibrations, experimental laboratory activities, inspection processes and validation. She/he will be responsible to lead metrological support to New Technology Introduction and New Product Introduction projects.
Support the process for execution, investigation and documentation for deviations
• Maintain laboratory instrumentation calibration and maintenance program including review of technical documentation
• Assist with creation and review of instrument computer system validation documentation
• Coordinate and coach quality requirements with Engineering & Manufacturing and Metrology LAB team members;
• Qualify as ACCREDIA 17025 operator in the fields of operation of the LAB;
• Drive metrological activities to support and validate NPI/NTI needs;
• Maintain an active role in developing and defining the state of the art in metrology in order to anticipate, apply, adapt or develop technologies for product introduction, quality, performance, cost improvements and problem resolution in meeting current and future business needs including adherence to schedules and estimated costs;
Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and making presentations describing analyses performed, solutions developed, and value obtained;
• Identify plans to ensure technical requirements, costs, and schedules are met;
• Manage and use high level metrological instrumentation to implement new calibration procedures;
• Provide technical guidance, direction and training to new metrology engineers, specialists, technicians and co-ops.
• Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering (Electronic or electrical ) or previous equivalent experience;
• Significant experience in Metrology or Research environment at National level;
• Demonstrated analytical, experimental, and problem solving skills;
• English fluency;
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and communication
• The ability to work independently as well as contribute successfully within a team environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
• Previous experience in calibration and ACCREDIA;
• Experience in a cross-functional team environment;
• Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization;
Locations: Florence, Italy
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more