Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Barge Scheduler contributes to the successful implementation of Shell Chemical Europe's business plans by scheduling safe, timely and economical bulk barge space (focus on Aromatics) within Europe. Collaborating with 3rd party barge operators and striving to meet the business requirements, while enhancing the overall end-to-end assurance process for barges.
You will be responsible for the chartering in of 300/400 Shell barges (annual spend of USD 10 million) and managing a part of the 3rd party chartered barges, working in a team with 2 colleague Barge Schedulers.
You will be responsible for optimising barging requirements and producing a shipping programme that meets the needs of the business at total lowest supply chain costs by either nominating against Contract of Affreightments (COA's) negotiated by the Contract Manager or negotiating a spot barge from the open market.
Some of the specific tasks will be:
• Liaise with Supply and Jetty Planning to ensure product and jetty is available to meet desired shipping opportunity.
• Issue nominations to terminals for prompt and problem free handling of barges.
• Negotiate minor amendments to COA's, if necessary, to meet business needs.
• Manage all chemical barges both Shell and non Shell chartered as per group standards in terms of barge clearance, terminal clearance, jetty availability, berth fit and cargo handling requirements while maintaining this in TMS (Veson) system.
• Liaise with product handling specialists to ensure product integrity during voyage.
• Liaise with Marine Technical Advisors to ensure barges meet safety requirements.
• Screen all 3rd party nominations on commercial/operation terms before accepting barge.
• Undertake performance analysis & cost tracking as input for the operational review meetings with a view to enhance the overall performance of the barge operator and obtain total lowest supply chain costs (in conjunction with the contract manager and freight/marine analysts).
• Liaise with relevant supply, commercial teams, finance, HSSE, procurement personnel and 3rd parties to assemble information for future shipping requirements.
In addition to these tasks you will be expected to play an important role in further exploring synergy possibilities within all Shell barge activities. You will be supporting the contract manager in developing and implementing contracting strategies to obtain more commercial and financial benefit. This gives you the opportunity to participate actively in this optimization process and have an impact on future results.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
We are eager to speak to candidates who have experience in similar position where working under pressure and problem solving are a daily occurrence. In addition to strong customer focus, commercial attitude and the best analytical skills we are looking for candidates with self-motivating and team-working skills.
Relevant experience in either the shipping or maritime industry is considered a strong plus as is knowledge of the German language.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.