At Baker Hughes, we are embarking on an exciting journey that will transform the way we work. The People Operations team is one of the key enablers of the broader HR transformation by providing expert guidance and empowering our employees, people leaders, whilst allowing our HR teams to focus on what matters most to our organization.
The People Operations Team Lead - South & West Europe will, in close connection with the People Operations Director for Europe & RCIS drive the ambition of the People Operations team to implement the roadmap for Baker Hughes' HR services focusing on quality, simplification / standardization and growth, integrated and fully aligned with global standards. The successful candidate will oversee local operations teams, drive the sub-region delivery model to meet our purpose, vision, and culture. This role requires best in class to support the continued development of our organization by demonstrating an unyielding commitment to superior delivery of compliant HR Services.
The ideal candidate will be a charismatic professional with a strong HR operational background, who has the natural ability to turn complexity into simplicity. You will definitely need a resilient and a positive demeanour with a can-do attitude, and will be someone who thrives under pressure.Essential Responsibilities:
- Support the creation and deployment of the Europe & RCIS People Operations strategy, through the provision of leadership and operational oversight for the sub-region;
- To lead and manage the sub-region People Operations team, including identifying opportunities to deliver value and streamline;
- Work with Baker Hughes' Global Centres in delivering seamless high quality support to all our employees & People Leaders
- Lead and improve existing processes to fix pain points through automation and streamlining
- Through strong collaboration with Sub-Region Global Operations-HR teams, ensure transition of all HR Operations activities to Baker Hughes' People Operations team;
- Drive operational performance through strong people leadership, relationship management, operational rigor and leveraging metrics to drive operational improvements;
- Ensure People Operations processes are in compliance with relevant country and local regulatory laws;
- Mentor, provide training and development to optimise performance, create organisational depth and individual growth;
- Ensure data quality and integrity by leveraging audits & regularly reviewing our KPI's
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, Human Resources or related field is required or equivalent experience
- Proven years of general HR operations experience or HR generalist experience, including of development & use of KPIs and SLAs to enhance service delivery.
- Strong leader and influencer, who acts as a strategic partner to the Business to deliver people orientated solutions
- Exceptional attention to detail and solid time management
- A welcoming and helpful attitude with high level of creativity, flexibility and openness to change
- Ability to work cross functionally in a multi-site global business
- An ability to regularly re-prioritise projects and manage stakeholders successfully
- A proven record in critical thinking, root cause analysis and demonstrated delivery of improvements
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal).
- Fluency in English & another European language is preferred
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more