Reporting to the Projects Engineering Manager, based in Newcastle upon Tyne, you will act as the GE Oil & Gas engineering representative on individual projects. Interfacing with the Senior and / or Lead Project Engineer to respond to technical queries from the client or there nominated representative.Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the applicable engineering aspects of the quality and safety plans are implemented in accordance with GE Oil & Gas, the client, and statutory requirements.
- Operate to all engineering project plans, methods and execution policies.
Produce work orders, engineering reports and other documents in accordance with GE Oil & Gas procedures.
- Ensure that all engineering is carried out in accordance with the GE Oil & Gas Quality, Engineering, Testing and Administrative procedures.
- Check and approve (up to the appropriate checking / approval level) all engineering designs and reports for the project, assuring they are in accordance with project specifications and GE Oil & Gas procedures.
- Conduct assessment of Engineering and Manufacturing Non-Conformances and assist the Quality Representative with closing out those Non-Conformances.
- Co-ordinate the design engineering requirements of the project, including any sub-contractors
- Interface with the assigned Technical Analyst for any project specific specialized analysis, ensuring that the analysis basis is in accordance with the project specifications.
- Lead by example, proactive approach to EHS compliance
Perform other duties as directed by the Engineering Manager
- Degree in structural, marine, naval or mechanical engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, management, and diverse audiences, including suppliers and internal/external customers
- Proven attention to detail, with critical thinking, problem solving, and personal organization skills
- Motivated with the ability to demonstrate initiative
• Some experience in client interaction within mechanical engineering
• Tenacious, exhibits a desire to get the job done
• Capable of analyzing data to make sound decisions
• Proficiency in software applications MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Self-motivated, self-starter capable of remaining flexible to changing work priorities
• Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, with the ability to bring assignments to a successful completionLocations:
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more