Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Skills: Mechanical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
In anticipation of a transition to a 2/3 rota we would like to invite people to apply for the position of Mechanical Technician on a provisional basis.
The Mechancial Technician will complete planned routine maintenance, fault diagnostics and corrective maintenance of all mechanical equipement. Effective maintenance of mechanical equipment allows RockRose Energy to meet safety and buisness targets to allow delivery of increased uptime and reliability.
- Contributes to a culture of continuous HSSE performance improvement.
- Ensure that Mechanical Maintenance activities on the Brae Platforms fully comply with RockRose Energy practices including safe systems of work.
- Actively contribute to assist the Maintenance Team achieve outstanding performance in meeting RockRose Energy HES Targets
- Complete routine maintenance, fault diagnosis and corrective maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Ensure Safety Critical Routines are completed on time and compliance targets are met.
- Carry out front line maintenance on all Mechanical equipment.
- Where defects are identified ensure work orders are raised.
- Ensure work of specialist vendors conforms to RockRose Energy procedures.
- Assist Operations Technicians as required.
- Completion of comprehensive shift handovers
- Record detailed daily logs on the status of equipment that has been worked on
- Ensure compliance with offshore maintenance plans.
- Contribute towards optimisation of maintenance and minimise equipment downtime by critically assessing maintenance practices with the Maintenance Team Leader
- Complete detailed end of trip handover in compliance with RockRose Handover Procedures
- Maintain Cost Control by ensuring effective Maintenance is being carried out
- Demonstrate an active performance mindset to others within maintenance team, focus behaviours on safe working and optimising maintenance against key targets under the direction of the Maintenance Team Leader
Completion of a recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship - SVQ Level 3 or equivelant
HNC in Engineering: Mechanical
Minimum Industry Safety Training (MIST)
Small Bore Tubing (SBT001)
Bolted Joint Integrity (MJI10)
Minimum 3 years expierience in a similar role
Previous Experience working on a fixed installation prefered
Experience of work on all types of rotating equipment
Experience of Pressure Testing / Working with Pressure
Experience of investigating / repairing / replacing Mechanical Seals
Experience of investigating / repairing / replacing Bearing Mainteance
Specialised Job Knowledge:
PSV Recertification (Pilot & Conventional)
Level 1 Plant Inspector
Bolted Joint Integrity - Grayloc (MJI11)