Skills: Business Development, Commercial Management, Engineering Technician
Other Skills: Bid Engineer, Commercial, Tendering, Business Development, QHSE, HSE, Oil & Gas
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £35,000 - 40,000
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
- Conduct business in compliance with company procedures and actively promote this to others
- Be a commercial focal point to receive and process lead information from the Business Development team and log and track opportunities and provide and manage quotations and budgets as required.
- Prepare and validate cost budgets (working with Technical team in sourcing actual costs with source reference and building up the required component listing for complex technical projects) Ensure margin is maximised to a commercial standard and full sign off approval of quote and budget before release
- Organise and implement quote kick-off meetings ensuring all relevant parties are invited and allocate out tasks for resource and equipment specifications and estimates.
- Ensure all terms and conditions are reviewed and qualified by the Contracts Specialist prior to proceeding with any scope or bid
- Preparation of tender documents and prequalification information as required.
- Confirm all commercial notes are exactly as per standard and escalate deviations for review.
- Prepare and track actions on outstanding quotes, opportunities to be quoted and quotes to be followed up
- Ensuring revenue tracking reports are up to date at all times.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting data as required to demonstrate departmental activities
- Communicate regularly with Proposals Lead, Commercial Director and other Team members as required to ensure a good level of awareness of workload and ongoing activities. Report weekly on workload.
- Ensure risk reviews are scheduled with all reference documents provided, and required attendees invited for all applicable budgetary or firm quotes as per procedure. Record/ issue actions and verify completion.
- Conduct all activities in full compliance with commercial procedures, DOA and any other applicable company processes. Promote full compliance to staff and actively intervene and highlight/escalate any process deviations to the Proposals/Bids Lead/Commercial Director for resolution.
- Work closely with Technical bids Specialist and other appointed Technical reps to ensure the scope of work documents and specs are reviewed and confirmed along with quote technical data.
- Support Project Teams through Execution on commercial queries and variation orders
- Prepare cash flow profiles for milestones and cancellations
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
- Promote and uphold the highest standards of ethics in compliance with the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics Policy
- To comply with and Client quality, safety, and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all accidents/incidents/near misses/hazards are immediately reported and relevant paperwork is completed
- Secondary level education required
- HND or Degree qualified (level 2.1 or higher) in relevant business/Engineering area desirable but not essential
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial, tender and quotation processes reviewing client requirements, signoffs and approvals, preparing cost base and drafting quotations and tenders
- Typically 2-4 years experience in oil and gas and/or engineering/manufacturing in a similar role.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Microsoft word skills
- Personal Qualities
- Highly numerate with good commercial acumen
- Good at working on own initiative and as part of a team
- Highly self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills
Bringing over 60 years of experience to the market, Petro People provide both tailored Recruitment Services and Upstream & Downstream Project Engineering & Management Solutions to the Oil & Energy Sector.
Petro People provide a tailored Recruitment Service to our clients globally and have amassed over 60 years of experience working exclusively in the Oil & Energy industry.
Using our 7 Stage Collaborative Model, we are perfectly positioned to support you in both permanent and contract positions onshore or offshore.
Based in the Oil & Gas capital of Europe, Petro People provide a full Turnkey Project Engineering & Management Service to our global Upstream & Downstream clients.
Whether we provide a full Project Management Team or a single discipline engineer, our experienced personnel form a crucial part of our clients operation and together they ensure that projects are delivered safely, on time, within budget and fully achieve the intended requirements.
Project Management including Support & Planning
Project Teams & Personnel
Brownfield and Greenfield FEED & Engineering Services
Construction & Pre-fabrication
Commissioning & Decommissioning
Logistics & Mobilisation
Recruitment & Payroll Solutions
Offshore Drilling services
SPS & UWILD Projects
Upgrade, Repair & Modification Projects
Stacking & Reactivation
Petrochemical / Refinery Project Personnel
Plant Upgrade / Repair or Modification projects
Commissioning & Decommissioning Services
FEED & Engineering Services
Please visit our website for more information on our Recruitment or Project Services.
Part of the Maxwell Drummond Group