ABOUT THIS JOB
Leads projects ranging from medium to large Cap Ex Projects, Business Management System Projects and Engineering Standardization Projects. Will lead teams as required and will support areas of worldwide manufacturing/process engineering, project engineering, and engineering technical support.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manages areas of worldwide manufacturing/process engineering, project engineering, and engineering technical support.
- Responsible for the definition of the scope of work and for the direction, control, and utilization of a staff of engineers, engineering professionals, and support personnel.
- Oversees the design, selection, installation and optimization and maintenance of manufacturing process equipment, machine tools, controls and systems.
- Participates and may lead in the development of engineering standards and ensures compliance with these standards.
- Formulates goals, forecasts personnel requirements, prepares capital and expense budgets.
- Projects may involve substantial capital expenditures.
- Is accountable for resource requirements, and the establishment and delivery of project schedules, and the safe delivery of results on time and within budget.
- May represent the organization in outside discussions and technical forums.
- Generally works with wide latitude in making autonomous decisions.
- Educates, mentors, and supervises lower level staff.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Participates in coordinating and implementing the overall C&IS Supply Chain capital budget
- Manages contractors and leads engineers as assigned
- Participates in and may lead the implementation of Engineering Standards
- Leads the development and implementation of business systems as related to chemical manufacturing, maintenance and Cap Ex
- Supervises the preparation of supporting documents for capital project and engineering projects plans
- Advancement of capital project and business system project management knowledge and strategies to implement projects best practices
- Strong working knowledge of PSM requirements and establishes relevant policies/practices
- Works closely with HSE group
- Strong working knowledge of SAP and the ability to become SAP Project Management SME
- Ensures project objectives are met and projects are completed on time and on budget
- Develops relations with Geomarket regions, Product Lines, Real Estate and markets engineering group's capabilities.
- Establishes link to communicate best practices and knowledge transfer between facilities
- Champions projects through the AFE approval process
- Establishes opportunities to leverage global capital procurement
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of related experience with demonstrated advancement in managerial positions and project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and project management skills
- Good systems knowledge
- Strong leadership/management skills
Sugar Land, TX