Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Chemist for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen with occasional adhoc offshore trips.
Please Note: Candidates must have all valid offshore certification
If you are a proactive technical professional with an eye for detail who wants to work in a fast paced, hands-on environment, we invite you to apply.
- As a chemist you will be responsible for performing chemical analyses and performance evaluations of production chemicals (eg. Demulsifiers, corrosion/scale/wax inhibitors). Working within an environment compliant with ISO 9001 standards, you will be expected to conduct experiments, complete documentation/reports, maintain records and comply with laboratory operating protocols / HSE standards.
- While primarily lab focused the role incorporates an aspect of travel/field work to visit client facilities (on & offshore) across the UK and continental Europe to support product selection and field trials.
- This role is based in Aberdeen, as such applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK (visa sponsorship is not available)
- Experienced bottle tester (demulsifier formulator) with good communication skills & technical writing.
- Ability to travel 30%+ of time.
- Any experience with lab evaluation of production chemicals relating to corrosion, wax or scale would be beneficial.
- Chemistry or sciences background (BSc or higher)
- Offshore / field experience (Valid offshore medical & BOSIET)
- Experience working in an industrial laboratory environment
- Working knowledge/experience with basic analytical methods (e.g. density, pH, Karl Fisher measurement)
- Working knowledge of production chemicals
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 accredited laboratory
- Computer literate (Excel & Word)