At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes is currently seeking an Assembly, Maintenance & Overhaul (AMO) Technician - Drilling Services, to be based at our workshop in Tananger, Norway.Essential Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to identify and communicate technical problems by using logical troubleshooting techniques.
- Enter data into database and access the necessary maintenance data records to apply maintenance routines.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures in accordance to Baker Hughes policies.
- Technical diploma or associated degree in Electronics or Mechanical field.
- 3+ years' experience within Industrial, airline, oilfield, automotive mechanic.
- Strong work ethics.
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative.
- Ability to work safely and to ensure the safety of others.
- Fluent English language skills verbal/written.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic understand of electronic components and their functions.
- Basic skills on soldering and assembling of electronic and electro/mechanical devices.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
- Proficient in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes.
- Proficient in the use of multi meters, megohm meters, hi-pot testers and other basic instruments.
- University degree in Electro/Mechanics or electronic engineering technology preferred but not required.
- Advanced level of analytical ability to find solutions to complex technical problems.
- Advanced skills in soldering and assembling of electro-mechanical devices.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more