Are you interested in delivering scalable, high performance, fault tolerant solutions?
We are building a next generation platform to support the most demanding mission-critical requirements of our customers.
Utilizing cloud technologies, it will operate at scale to provide a secure, distributed multi-tenant system.
We are looking for a strong software engineer(m/f/d) to take on the challenge of engineering solutions for scale and performance while providing strong guarantees of availability to our customers.
You will build tools to address hard operational problems while enabling our service developers to remain agile and deliver feature changes.
You will deliver the solutions that directly contribute to our customer's success. Essential Responsibilities:
- Architect, design, implement, support and troubleshoot cloud-based software systems
- Provide technical leadership to software developers and other supporting functions.
- Identify and propose new software architectures for strategic developments to support changing business needs.
- Interface with other business teams to ensure the environment is secure, compliant and available.
- Connect with peer groups in other BH businesses as well as monitor market developments and provide updates to the software team on a regular basis.
- Have duties and tasks that are varied and complex needing independent judgment.
- Project lead role and/or supervise junior personnel.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Relevant software development experience
- Proficient in end-to-end ownership of complex systems using object orientated coding languages (i.e. C++, JAVA).
- Solid understanding of data driven solutions
- Strong grasp of cloud computing MSaaS and PaaS fundamentals with experience designing and implementing solutions.
- Practical experience in cloud environments (AWS or similar).
- Fully competent in own area of expertise.
- Ability to effectively provide direction and training to other engineers, plan and prioritize own and other tasks.
- Collaboration experience using SVN/Git or similar source control, including experience in Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Knowledge of or experience with service-oriented architectures.
- Knowledge of or experience with building secure Internet facing systems.
- Experience in RDBMS, DBaaS.
- Experience in scripting languages, such like Python.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate within organizational levels.
- O&G industry experience.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more