The General Ledger Accountant role will be working closely with a group of professional supporting the General Accounting within global financial organization.Essential Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, assists in the day-to-day accounting activities which may include review of the GRIR Process and GRIR monitoring.
- Conducts related General Ledger (GL) closing activities ensuring that they are completed in time and accordance to the set guidelines -which is specific to the GL Activity (GRIR, AP Cost accrual )
- Monitoring and reviewing the GRIR process with heavy involvement with different stakeholders
- Prepares, document and keep up to date processes for accounting role.
- Prepares and Review the monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the BHI team and Accenture.
- Provide advice and support to the team with regards to correcting entries required.
- Analysis of various company codes which involves analysis on a regular basis and advising improvements and corrective actions
- Implements best practices in KLGFC and standard processes which benchmark global best practices.
- Works closely with External and Internal Auditors to assist in completion of all audits
- Any other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in General Accounting / Ledger
- Experience in Shared Service will be added advantage
- Experience in Oracle and SAP ERP will be added advantage
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Good attention to detail with good analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good PC skills.
- Ability to handle multiple activities successfully.
Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.