The Global Accounting Centre of Baker Hughes is based our Kuala Lumpur office. The Revenue Accountant role will be working closely with a group of professional supporting the General Accounting within global financial organisation.Essential Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise team members in handling the closing activities ensuring that they are completed in time and accordance to the set guidelines
- Prepares, document and keep up to date processes for accounting role.
- Support and approve the monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the team. Ensure the team provide support to Accenture in regards to reconciliations prepared by Accenture.
- Manage and supervise team members in handling monthly closing analysis of various company codes which involves analysis of other general accounts as well on a regular basis and advising improvements and corrective actions
- Implements best practices in Global Finance Center (GFC), process improvement and standard processes which benchmark global best practices.
- Works closely with External and Internal Auditors to assist in completion of all audits.
- Manage relationship with Operations and Financial Planning & Analysis Team to ensure timely submission of relevant information in relation to revenue accounting.
- Manage ad hoc projects for process improvement and robotic process automation (RPA).
- Any other duties as required
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor Degree in Accountancy/Finance or equivalent professional qualification (ACCA/CPA)
- Minimum 5 - 8 years' experience in Accounting and Finance
- Possesses and applies knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures
- Experience in US GAAP, revenue recognition and assurance, project accounting as well as contract review and validation is required.
- Possess strong analytical skills with proactive mind-set, with the ability to bring expert advice and problem solving skills to the team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent spoken and written in English that enable effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
- Ability to champion and implement process improvements.
- Team-player and customer-centric attitude.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and computerized accounting software, knowledge in SAP/Oracle will be added advantage.
- Ability to handle multiple activities successfully.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more