The Lead Mechanical Engineer will have responsibility to execute the technical tasks assigned as part of a team or individually, can make technical decisions with minimum help to execute those tasks. The Lead Mechanical Engineer will conduct detail/conception engineering, repair, modification, recertification, workshop testing and documentation. The Lead Mechanical Engineer can lead engineering packages to fully execute all tasks within schedule whilst maintaining quality.Essential Responsibilities:
- Execute and lead the given engineering tasks/projects (independently or part of a team) according to Baker Hughes, client and international standards and procedures.
- Follow up, give instructions and guidelines to Engineers when leading tasks.
- Lead in technical investigations and studies.
- Flexibility to work on multiple subsea and offshore product lines as required.
- Provide support to Workshop and Offshore operations.
- Customer contact during technical clarifications.
- Support CTR process and create a technical scope of work.
- Create/Review/Approval engineering parts, documents, procedures, study reports, designs and BoMs per industry and company guidelines.
- Create 3D model parts and assemblies in CREO to allow manufacture and interface evaluations.
- Undertake design verification which may include but no limited to tolerance studies, manufacturability and reliability assessments.
- Undertake and review basic engineering calculations during design.
- Provide day to day support to the Workshop by solving non-conformances and general services.
- Complete progress reports of assigned tasks and take ownership in following up cost and on time delivery.
- Responsible for the quality and the execution of the technical task assigned, promoting and ensuring compliance to company and regulatory quality management systems at all time.
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory HSE requirements & expectations at all time.
- Other tasks may be assigned if deemed necessary.
- Masters/Bachelor within Mechanical or Subsea engineering.
- Experience with Oil & Gas subsea products and a high level of mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge of International & National regulations.
- Ability to lead an engineering team and project to completion.
- Ability to find and execute cost reduction, increased efficiency and standardization.
- Strong cooperation skills to work globally in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrate commercial understanding.
- Proven results in similar position.
- Good English communication skills both oral and written.
- Highly proactive and results oriented.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more