Early Career Program: Digital Technology - 2020 Opportunities
Baker Hughes company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, Baker Hughes harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
Baker Hughes helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. The company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BakerHughesCo, or visit us at BakerHughes.com. Role Summary:
Aspire is Baker Hughes's early-career development program with a global footprint designed to attract and retain student who are ready to join us in our journey to change the future of energy and deliver and innovative outcomes to our customers. You will lead by doing, gaining real-world experience by working on important, challenging projects alongside some of the brightest technical minds in the world. The program start date is in July 2020.
The Baker Hughes ASPIRE Leadership Development Program:
- Inspires and guides recent college graduates through career shaping experiences.
- Provides challenging rotations to grow technical skills & capabilities.
- Offers opportunities to solve critical business challenges through cross-functional, mission-based teams.
- Facilitates interaction with senior leaders and offers access to top leadership curriculum.
Learn a broad set of diverse assignments spanning Product Management, Project Management, Business Analysis, Solution Design and Architecture, Data Analytics, Enterprise Applications, IT operations, Software Development, IT infrastructure, Cybersecurity and more.
- Full-time, two-year program where members work within a Baker Hughes business alongside experts in various locations.
- Three rotational assignments (2 of six-month each and 1 of 12-month) within Baker Hughes covering diverse projects in Digital Technology. 1 out of the 3 rotations would be in the CTO Domain (Chief Technology Office- IT Infrastructure, Networks, End User Services etc.) and 1 would be a Business Analyst/Project Manager assignment in a Process Area (e.g. PMO, VMO etc.) or Business Applications used across the enterprise (e.g. ERP, PLM, CRM etc.)
- Cross-functional, mission-based project during the 2nd year on program.
- Individualized training plans according to your areas of interest, whether in cloud computing, cyber security and risk, data science, machine-learning, Agile and Scrum with opportunities to obtain certifications.
- Structured career development, coaching & mentoring.
- Interaction with global business leaders.
- Potential international experiences/assignments as per Business needs
- Global classroom experience and virtual coursework focused on technical training, leadership, and business acumen
- Actively participate in the development of the overall Aspire Program through committees - Recruitment, Finance, Professional Development etc. and facilitate cross-functional engagements
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, Computer Engineering, IT Security, ITM, Informatics, Information Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, MIS, Business Administration (with IT specialization),Security and Risk Analysis or relevant STEM majors, such as Data Science or Math, or graduate of a software/IT accelerator program;
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Minimum cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA or equivalent
- Maximum three years' experience post Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Must be geographically mobile (both Domestic as well as international) as requested by the business
- Legal right to work in UAE without company sponsorship or time restriction
Locations: Dubai, UAE
- Must be flexible in and able to navigate an ever-changing work environment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- A strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion and aptitude for both software and information technology.
- Up-to-date with current industry standards, trending software, and information technology development tools.
- Solves technical challenges through regular application of common design patterns and identify appropriate patterns for use in problem solving.
- Strong customer focus, ability to understand the value proposition for the customer, and commitment to deliver the best value proposition.
- Able to engage positively across multiple departments to establish clarity, vision, and mutual trust to achieve business goals.
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms.
- Contributes to creative solutions and challenges the status quo.
- Proactively learns new tools and identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes their adoption.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more