PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A Senior Field Service Engineer is an experienced expert in the installation, maintenance and repair of rotating equipment within the field.
Senior Field Service Engineers hold a deeper, more comprehensive product knowledge and a higher level of level of experience that Field Service Engineers and Lead Field Service Engineers.
To be classified as a Senior Field Service Engineer, a Field Service Engineer requires at least five years of field experience. An advanced level of ability and knowledge must be demonstrated. Qualification to the 'Lead' or 'Senior' FSE Level within the BH Field Services Certification System is required.
Senior Field Service Engineers are assigned to long-term positions on specific customer sites, providing specialist equipment support for BH rotating equipment installations within a customer's plant.
Senior Field Service Engineers also demonstrate a level of supervision and management of Field Service Engineer teams. This is based on both their technical competency and their leadership and management skills.
Field Service Engineers generally specialise within two major disciplines:Control/Electrical/Instrumentation
BH operates several different control systems on BH rotating equipment - the control system used on each site is based on the overall design requirements for that site as specified by the customer.
FSEs generally train on electrical and instrumentation systems first, then move on to specialise in one or more individual control systems.
Most FSEs will initially specialise on one control system (primary skill) and develop a high level of expertise and experience before commencing training in alternate control systems.REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):Responsibilities%of time
- Support customer operations by ensuring that operation and maintenance of BH rotating equipment is within BH prescribed parameters.
- Conduct fault diagnosis and performance evaluation of BH equipment in line with customer requirements.
- Prepare maintenance plans for BH equipment.
- Train customer personnel in the safe and efficient operation of BH equipment.
- Maintain stock level holdings of BH spare parts.
- Maintain specialist BH tooling on site.
- Liaise with BH engineering support on any technical issues that may arise during operation and maintenance of BH equipment.
- Support outage and maintenance teams in the preparation and execution of plant outages.
- Equipment operational readiness in line with BH parameters.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Efficiency of outages.
- Performance of BH equipment.
- EHS and Quality parameters.
- Leadership - team performance.
- Leadership - Customer communications and technical decision-making.
EHS challenges: Perform site activities in full compliance with EHS rules and procedures.
Quality Challenges: Perform site activities efficiently and effectively.
Minimise operations downtime.
Leadership Challenges: Managing a team of FSEs and craft labour.
Customer interactions.DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Lead and execute equipment diagnostic and maintenance activities ensuring proper and safe operation of the BH equipment.
- Ensure that all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company EHS guidelines and procedures;
MOST FREQUENT CONTACTS:Internal (Within BH)Contacts
- Length of time associated with the project is typically a minimum of 2 years but may extend longer.
Purpose of the Contact Frequency of Contact
Global Field Service Organization and Internal Customer (P&L)
Parts and tooling sourcing.
Daily.External (External to BH)Contacts
Purpose of the Contact Frequency of Contact
Reporting on daily activities, operation and maintenance of equipment and fault diagnosis.
Input from customer.
Engineering Degree/High School Technical Diploma or equivalent business experience.
From 5 to 7 years of related working experience in Oil & Gas industry within maintenance or installation field activities.
- Superior understanding of the design and operating philosophy of gas turbines, centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors and/or their control and electrical systems.
- Superior knowledge of BH product-specific rotating equipment maintenance and operation.
- Ability to understand technical drawings.
- Knowledge of BH information and management systems such as e-Tools and Oracle.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Sound decision-making abilities.
Strong analytic and problem solving skills together with good interpersonal & organizational skills.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Availability to travel in remote locations.Location:
Jandakot, AustraliaSalary Range
: AUD $ 100,000 - 140,000
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.