Baker Hughes is currently hiring a Sr. Staff Data Scientist based in Houston, Texas.
The Sr. Staff Data Scientist will be part of the core Data Sciences team at Baker Hughes Engineering & Technology and develop deep learning analytics and AI to meet objectives of the business. In this role, you will lead the development and deployment for finding process insights to problems as articulated by Baker Hughes Engineering & Technology customers, partners, and prospects.Essential Responsibilities:
As a Sr. Staff Data Scientist, You will be responsible for designing deep learning solutions for products, leverage strong machine learning expertise to develop new analytics for driving growth in asset, application & industry coverage and lead engagements with external/internal customers. The candidate is also expected to mentor other engineers in analytics methods. As a Sr. Staff Data Scientist, you will be part of the data science team typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert. You will be expected to drive the adoption of deep learning technologies for Oil & Gas applications such as anomaly detection, image processing, natural language understanding, time series analysis, etc.
In the role of Sr. Staff Data Scientist, you will:
- Work in cross-functional teams to translate deep learning algorithms into commercially viable products and services
- Contribute to technical teams in development, deployment and application of deep learning capabilities
- Develop self-learning systems that can predict failures and autocorrect based on multiple data sources
- Work with the engineering team to incorporate your analyses and solutions, including working with the visualization team to create intuitive UI and rich UX stories. Partner with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics efforts
- Gather and analyze data, devise innovative data science solutions and build prototypes to enable development of high-performance algorithms in scalable, product-ready code
- Initiate and propose unique and promising deep learning capabilities, develop new and innovative algorithms and technologies, pursuing patents where appropriate
- Stay current on published state-of-the-art algorithms and competing technologies
- Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams (multiple teams) that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses
- Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in product development and/or operational support activities to for multiple teams or complex scenarios
- Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) majors from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial / industrial setting
- Travel up to 25% of the time, as required
- Master's Degree or PhD in a "STEM" major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 10 years of analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial / industrial setting
- Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., Python, Tensorflow, Caffe, Theano, CNTK, etc.)
- Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
- Demonstrated expertise in modeling and in the development and application of descriptive, applied, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
- Demonstrated expertise in building deep learning models such as CNN, RNN, LSTM and GANs
- Demonstrated expertise in large scale analytics development and deployment
- Demonstrated ability to develop containerized solutions (e.g. docker)
- Strong implementation experience with a variety of high-level languages and frameworks such as Python, Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe, CNTK, C/C++ etc.
- Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data including SQL and NoSQL databases
- Demonstrated skill at working in a team setting
- Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and problem solving methods
- Demonstrated skill in presentation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability and awareness of how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances
- Demonstrates capability of 'rolling up sleeves and getting hands dirty'.
- Works well in fast paced growing environment
- Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more