Orlando, Florida, United States
Orlando, Florida, United States
Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Reliability Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The System Safety, Reliability, and Maintainability Engineer applies engineering safety, reliability, and maintainability principles when reviewing product systems and associated support equipment, specifications, and operations to establish reliability and/or safety requirements for system design. The engineer will independently analyze and recommend reliability and/or safety criteria in system design, equipment, and procedures and develop system safety and reliability documents and deliverables, as required, to support customer requirements. The engineer will work closely with the project team to ensure that safety, reliability, and maintainability are a central focus of life cycle design and that system safety, reliability, and maintainability processes, tools, techniques and technologies are planned and implemented in the context of fully integrated design processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide System Safety, Reliability and Maintainability support through all phases of a project, from concept design through testing and installation.
- Analyze complex systems, including controls, electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, electro pneumatic, and electrohydraulic systems.
- Perform and maintain reliability analyses, including Reliability Block Diagrams, Failure Modes and Effects Analyses, and Probabilistic Risk Assessments.
- Perform and maintain safety analyses, including System Hazard Analyses, Test Hazard Analyses, and Fault Trees.
- Perform and maintain maintainability analyses including Availability Analyses and allocation assessments.
- Work closely with the project team to relay findings and ensure the safety, reliability, and maintainability in the design, testing, and maintenance of the system.
- Present analysis results and/or findings to the project team and/or customer to facilitate program decisions.
- Review system documentation, analysis, and test results to verify safety, reliability, and maintainability principles have been adhered to and provide adequate controls to address design risks.
- Support the development of operations and maintenance manuals and test plans to ensure safety, reliability, and maintainability principles and requirements have been incorporated.
- Bachelors of Science in engineering or related technical field.
- Experience developing FMEA and Hazard Analyses.
- Ability to interpret electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical drawings and diagrams.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to exercise independent decision-making and sound judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent time management skills and willing to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Safety and quality focused attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
- Previous work experience in theme parks and attractions.
- Previous work experience with controls, electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, electro pneumatic, and/or electrohydraulic systems.
- Familiarity with ISO 13849 requirements and functional safety.
- Familiarity with ISO 12100.
- Basic knowledge of SolidWorks.
- Experience developing Availability Analyses.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.