Skills: Project Management, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Planner/Scheduler for a 1 year contract in Calgary, AB.
Education / Experience:
- Post secondary education: Engineering P.Eng (or its equivalent).
- 4-7 years working experience, and at least 1+ years of relevant construction or project experience.
- Must be a proven high performer, based on prior performance reviews.
- Certifications: Working towards Project Management Professional (PMP) or a holder of a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation.
- Duties/Technical Expertise: Assigned to projects of up to $50 MM/year with typically 2 year or less duration of elevated complexity.
- Moderate experience with Primavera P6 software for developing comprehensive project schedules.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience with WBS/CBS and resource structures for projects and able to resource load project schedules.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members;
- Develops, documents and implements processes and procedures within a functional area.
- Assists in preparation of training material and may deliver to smaller audiences.
- Frequent participation on internal committees.
- Works as part of a project team, and may lead on some tasks.
- Competency Demonstration: Uses and maintains the SETW Project Management System and provides support to projects department.
- Decision Making: Makes independent studies, analyses, interpretations and conclusions.
- Difficult, complex or unusual matters or decisions are usually referred to more senior authority. Supervision:
- Work is not generally supervised in detail and amount of supervision varies depending upon the assignment.
- Relies on guidance to review work programs and advice on unusual features of assignment.
- Leadership Authority: Gives guidance to other Planners or project members assigned on common project.
- Other Constraints: Intermediate PCS must meet minimum requirements of Senior PCC and be determined by supervisor to be a high performer prior to progressing to Senior level.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.