Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Alvin, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood currently has an opportunity available for a Buyer in the Pearland, TX area. Under the general direction of management, purchases lesser technical & engineered equipment / materials as requisitioned for the project. Ensures that equipment / material or services from suppliers are provided at the lowest evaluated cost, consistent with all commercial considerations of quantity, quality, transport, required delivery and purchase terms.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Prepares and issues request for quotations (RFQ's) for less complex general commodities to suppliers in order to obtain competitive and responsive quotations
- Prepares a complete bid evaluation that includes all commercial considerations, and attached technical evaluation, with a preferred supplier recommendation
- Obtains all required signatory approvals, finalizes, prepares and issues the purchase order / change notice with applicable attachments. Ensures proper distribution is made and proper assembly of the purchase order file
- Develops and maintains necessary supplier correspondence, and ensure it is filed properly in the purchase order file
- Ensures that all departmental guidelines are followed
- Maintains highest ethical and professional standards as established by the corporation
- Evaluates existing suppliers
- Has a functional relationship, with project team members, engineers, HSSE and field personnel
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Skills / Qualifications
- Must have 2-5 years of progressively responsible experience in purchasing activities
- Collects and researches data, gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Meets commitments, participates in meetings
- Writes clearly and informatively, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Contributes to profits and revenue, works with integrity and ethically
- Follows policies and procedures, follows instruction, responds to management direction
- Completes work in timely manner
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.