Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
To drive compliance with internal processes, identify and mitigate risks associated with tendering activities and to deliver the broad range of commercial support to the Renewables & subsea Projects team in Europe. This role is a key interface between a number of the support functions including Operations, Business Development, Legal, Tax, Compliance, Contracts, HSE and QA. Duties & Responsibilities Functions ESSENTIAL
Control of pre-qualification and tender document preparation in accordance with departmental and company procedures including weekly update of information in CRM
lead the commercial analysis and input into tenders including but not limited to:
- Preparation of pricing estimates for tenders.
- Production of spreadsheets and commercial documentation for support of tenders.
- Preparation of scheduling and planning input to commercial model
- Identification of risks and opportunities within tenders and mitigation/improvement plans
- Interface with service line managers and other departments regarding pricing estimates and all commercial matters in respect of tenders.
- Working closely with the Business Development team to mature opportunities and deliver optimum commercial and technical solutions when presenting tenders
- Obtain commercial quotes for key subcontractors and complete benchmarking exercise to challenge rates
- Analyze the commercial elements of tender documents and prepare and negotiate qualifications as required.
- Review of contracts from a commercial perspective and participate in tender contractual negotiations.
- Due to the wide geographical regions supported by the commercial team, significant compliance and financial risks are associated with the performance of some services, therefore the role will oversee the liaison with other departments (Finance, Contracts, Insurance, Tax, HSE,QA, Operations etc.) to ensure receipt of the information allowing timely completion of the tender documentation and compliance with internal and external procedures, policies and legislation.
- Oversee final compilation, document control and delivery of tender documents to deadlines.
- Ensure debrief on tenders (either through close out meetings or via feedback request forms) and collate data in order to trend reasons for successes and failures.
- Review department workload and the assigning of work tasks to ensure all other departments deliver input in line with tender timelines.
- Develop cost models for new work activities and update existing models on an ongoing basis.
- Periodic review of processes in line with department and wider company demands to ensure continued suitability..
- Identify opportunities to eliminate waste within such processes and align to evolving demands while ensuring risks are adequately identified and mitigated.
- Provide general assistance to Renewables & Subsea Projects Europe Management team
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and assistance to Commercial Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to, so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment. Other
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste in whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities. Reporting Relationship
Commercial Manager Qualifications REQUIRED
- Extensive International tendering experience in the Offshore Wind Lifecycle (Development/Construction/ O&M & Decomm sectors).
- Supervisory experience within an office environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in appropriate discipline (Business, Law, Quantity Surveying, Project Management or Technical Function)
- Ensures visibility of workload and associated key dates for delivery.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Utilises experience to improve workflows and evolve processes.
- Skilled in operating basic office software packages (e.g. MS Word, Excel, CRM, XaitPorter, PeopleSoft) and have ability to train colleagues in utilising these to support work demands.
- Flexible approach to work schedules in line with the demands of supporting wide geographical demands across multiple time zones.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT
work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported