Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.Role Summary:
The Systems Engineer for the Systems group within Subsea Controls Systems will provide technical guidance and development/deployment of world class Control Systems with the ability to be deployed on multiple EPC and Brownfield projects globally. You'll have a systems mindset, with the ability to challenge the norms and an affinity for problem solving. Previous experience in the Oil & Gas industry is not essential.Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for developing and delivering Safe and Compliant products across the Engineering Group.
- Working with allocated project team to deliver the required systems engineering scope.
- Responsibility and accountability for delivery of work scopes with allocated project teams.
- Ownership of system Engineering design file, FMEA, HAZOP and other processes/analysis.
- Collaboration across the organization (both peers and senior leaders) to ensure smooth and effective delivery of all relevant Customer projects (EPC and Brownfield Project types.
- Support the organization with technical guidance and development of a world class product offering.
- Interface to internal and external regional clients, building relationships and world class response/interaction.
- Full review and understanding of technical scope, requirements and specifications
- Execute system level tests, providing assurance that the overall system design meets the customer requirements
- Support in gathering Industry VoC and translating that into technical and product offerings.
- Leading and supporting Engineering bid work as required.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Engineering or Science based discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Must have aptitude for learning new technology, techniques, methods and principles
- Strong analytical experience and the ability to use analytical tools to aid & enhance product/offering development
- Practical knowledge of project requisition processes
- Ability to champion and promote the good culture/behaviors within the work place
- Experience developing world class, market leading products
- Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales
- Ability to travel internationally, as required
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring capabilities
- Excellent report writing & presentation skills
- Ability to provide senior leadership updates in a concise and accurate manner
- Fluent English Speaker.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Understanding of Subsea architecture and ability to translate that into a winning subsea offering.
- Proven Systems based experience across Production and/or intervention Controls technology.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.