The Lead Connection Engineer shall work with development and delivery of Connection systems. He/she should have system focus and ensure that all interfaces and phases are considered when the system is designed. The Lead Connection engineer will lead and/or participate in development work, tenders, FEEDs and project execution work. He/she will arrange/participate in design reviews and document/drawing review and release as well as work as doc/drawing creator.Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead system developments work with other disciplines and ensure that the configuration / design of complete system is optimal.
- Work cross functionally with other teams and departments to align interfaces, system design, activities and deliverables, and to ensure transfer and sharing of experience / lessons learned.
- Lead and/or participate in FEED and ensure that the FEED proposes a connection system that increases the overall competitiveness of the solution.
- Support ITO in tender process and in the handover process and take ownership in the OTR phase.
- Lead and/or participate in Connection delivery projects, either stand alone or as part of EPC(i) projects. Responsible for the full Connection package or smaller packages within the Connection Scope.
- Participate in design reviews when relevant.
- Work with development activities such as CAD modelling and creating documents, either as Creator, Reviewer or Releaser.
- Stay updated on marked and customer needs.
- BSc or MSc in Mechanical or Marine engineering
- Extensive Subsea engineering experience
- Experienced with technically leading Connection projects and development of connection systems
- Domain knowledge in Connection System areas such as PCE, Structures or tooling or preferably several
- English - fluent verbal and written.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Customer interaction and presentation on Connection Systems.
- Structured and organized in a challenging environment with multiple stakeholders
- PC proficiency
- Experience in PLM systems such as Teamcenter
- Experience in ProEngineer/Creo
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more