We are looking out for an experienced test engineer who support validation of our next generation product line. You will be the key person responsible for developing hardware, software and firmware to test the products in accordance with established test methodology. The result of your work is vital to the success of the product.Essential Responsibilities:In this role you will:
- Develop software, firmware, and hardware to test embedded systems covering all aspects of functionality and performance.
- Setup and operate test environments including software and hardware tools, laboratory instrumentation and simulators to perform functionality testing.
- Work with development team to define acceptance criteria and test cases
- Develop automated test sequences using test automation tools and scripting languages
- Execute manual and automated test cases. Carefully analyze and document test results.
- Providing feedback on usability, trace the result to quality risk and report it to concerned stakeholders
- Assist in troubleshooting system problems.
- Drive standardized testing processes and continuously improve with the team
- Work in close collaboration with engineers of other disciplines and product development teams located worldwide.
Desired Characteristics: Technical Expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 4+ years of technical experience in testing and/or developing embedded systems products
- Strong hands-on testing and debugging skills and familiarity with performance testing and test management.
- Strong hands-on Experience with test equipment like Oscilloscopes, arbitrary function generators, multimeters.
- Experience in programming on C, C++.
- Experience in scripting languages like Windows/DOS batch files, VB Script.
- Experience working with circuits, microcontrollers/embedded systems, FPGA.
- Experience with test infrastructure such as LabView/National Instruments/PXI/TestStand
- Experience in UI Test Automation on Windows platform using White, Microsoft Coded UI, or similar technologies.
- Exposure to Software and Tools: Cygwin, Wire shark, UISpy, XML, XMLRPC
- Basic understanding of network protocol - Ethernet/IP/TCP/UDP/HTTP/
- Familiarity with Industrial protocols like Modbus
- Ability to understand the software development life cycle as well as the business approach for the product
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly.
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks with ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
- Takes a holistic systems perspective. Empathizes with multiple points of view.
- Participates with key stakeholders and subject matter experts in defining strategies
- Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more