Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for an Oil Movement Technologist with experience in Process Engineering Design for Oil Storage Terminals and with process safety background.
Where you fit in
Bukom Refinery makes and turns over almost 20 million tonnes per year of oil and chemical products via the Oil Movements facilities/wharves. Site turn over about 1700 vessels per year, additional to multiproduct pipeline transfer to Pandan, Oil Tanking and Tankstore.
What's the role?
This position reports to the Oil Movement Technology Manager in Pulau Bukom's Technological/Development division.
The incumbent will provide technological and project development particularly on main infrastructure support to Bukom's Oil Movements and Marine department e.g wharves, subseas, multiproduct transfers.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
What we need from you
- Sweats and optimizes the current assets and facilities in the refinery Movements area by deconstraining existing Movements and Marine facilities for more efficient use of existing assets, tanks, loading and discharge facilities.
- Supports the production of finished and intermediate products with logistics improvement to existing facilities and trouble shoots where necessary.
- Performs short term studies and develops improvement initiatives or business opportunities in Movements and Marine activities leading to capital development projects.
- Provides technology support to both Movements and Marine.
- Assists and supports in preparation of project PCR and CRERs for the refinery in the area of Movements and Marine activities.
- Develops basis of design for OSBL requirement for new Process units.
- Updates drawings (PFS, PEFS, PSFS, PSM, data sheets) for those modifications, in close cooperation with Operations, Projects and Maintenance Department.
- Proposes units and process modifications to improve the Oil Movements and Marine facilities in the areas of safety, fire fighting/prevention, quality, and reliability.
- Recommends and helps implement product quality giveaway reduction measures and product quality assurance barriers together with PQ Technologist and Operations.
- Monitors on a monthly basis the performance of the blending and storage units and proposes improvements.
- Works with Lead Production Specialist and Production Specialist to ensure Movements and Marine facilities are adequate to deliver & meet performance targets.
- Provides strategic support/input to longer term projects affecting Movements and Marine capital development.
- Supports environmental performance/KPI of Movements and Marine departments.
- Lead Whiteoil, Blackoil and Special technologists in Oil Movement Tank rationalization effort. Working closely with E&S, Integrated Tank Maintenance and Major Project projects in meeting business needs, scheduled tank maintenance program and future growth projects.
- HSSE Responsibilities:
- Ensure technical safety aspects in all proposals and plant modifications made and support technical HSSE reviews, PSA, IPF SRBI studies and PSSR
- Ensure plant modifications or conversions comply with relevant HSSE legislative, ISO14001, OSHA18001 and Shell group requirements.
- Propose plant modifications to improve HSSE performance.
- Report / Intervene any unsafe behavior or unsafe operating condition observed while working in the plant.
- Comply with Bukom HSSE rules and regulations.
- Implement assigned controls identified in the HSSE-MS, such as those in the Refinery Bowties, Hazard Sheets and HRAs.
- Support environmental performance of Oil Movements and Marine areas.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video