In this position, you will primarily act as an employee advocate and partner to our people leaders on all issues related to human resources. You should be a proactive communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions.Essential Responsibilities:
- Engaging with the business on identifying staffing plans, controlling the HC through approval of raised requisitions
- Supporting approval of offers in line with agreed salary matrixes, get offers approved by HR Director
- Controlling compliance of approvals and compensation guidelines
- Working with the TA Regional Manager on various People Leader trainings such as interviewing, diversity and new hire orientation programmes.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition local team in regular collaboration sessions discussing opportunities for improving the experience both for business and candidate experience.
- Aligning offers, transfers, promotions and other compensation related actions with the agreed salary matrixes and budgets of the business
- Regularly engage with the business to check compensation cost metric and base the compensation proposals on the budget situation.
- Manage employee relations issues and ensure concerns are properly identified, reported& resolved
- Assure compliance with all applicable local laws and corporate policies/guidelines, and identify opportunities to develop and implement new practices/guidelines to achieve business goals.
- HR policy/training- Ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Conducting investigations
- Issuing disciplinaries
- Highlighting best talent for new challenges and opportunities
- Engage with business leaders and senior HR Partners during succession planning, Impact and other programs nominations, training nominations
- Support Talent Management framework through educating employees on valued competences and skills, encourage development of valued competences and skills through formal training, mentoring, new work projects
- Engaging with the business managers and senior HR Partners to recommend organizational structure
- Maintain org standards for org structure in key roles' reporting lines, number of layers and management span
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- HR experience including supervisory experience. Certain professional certification may be required (country-specific where needed)
- Legal authorization to work in the United Kingdom is required
- Must be willing to travel, as required (15%)
- Knowledge of best practices in HR externally - in the oil and gas industry and specifically service companies.
- Strong knowledge in management of change.
- Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as a part of a team.
- Deep knowledge of the business, financial acumen, understanding of how product/service turns into revenue, clear understanding of cost constituents, understanding of how to influence the cost, readiness to impact business results through HR solutions.
- Knowledge of leadership competences.
- Coaching skills.
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more