Skills: Subsea Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
This role reports functionally to the regional project engineering manager of Well systems.
- Interpret specifications in the definition of project design solutions.
- Create & review functional project design specifications.
- Create & review project bill of materials in Teamcentre.
- Undertake technical reviews in the definition & maintenance of project designs.
- Interpret supply chain & manufacturing requirements in the definition of project designs.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis, finite element analysis, flow assurance, or calculations to establish project design verification packages.
- Create & review procedures e.g testing, and documentation e.g datasheets, which support project solutions.
- Identify improvements in existing products, procedures and processes which target cost-out & additive/lean manufacturing practices.
- Collaborate with product owners, controlled titles & operations engineer to agree application of technologies & disposition of deviations from manufacture or suppliers.
- Collaborate with supply chain manufacturing for improvements in existing products designs.
- Ensure project designs conform with latest regulatory, environmental & safety standards with implementation of necessary revisions and/or obsolesce of parts.
- Communicate product design standards for interpretation & adherence by others.
- Plan and deliver engineering activities required in product life cycle management.
- Support and witness as required through build & test phases for responsible designs.
- Degree qualification in engineering from accredited university or college.
- Practical knowledge project design process and product life cycle management.
- Practical knowledge of product standards & drafting standards.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more