At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.Role Summary:
A Software Product Manager is needed to join the Baker Hughes, OFS team based in Kochi, India. You will operate in lock-step with product management to create a clear strategic direction, and convey that vision to the scrum team. You will direct the team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements captured as stories and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt. Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders.Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Managers to translate the long term strategy & roadmap into actionable features.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver features and significant products
- Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
- Engage frequently (80%) with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions
- Own and manage the backlog; continuously order and prioritize to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready
- Collaborate with UX in design decisions, demonstrating deep understanding of technology stack and impact on final product
- You will ensure that development deliverables meet the 'Definition of Done' and handle risk and dependencies between organizations.
- Conduct customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborate on personas
- Partner with the Service Owner to ensure healthy development process
- Be regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
- Track and monitor program status and metrics to make sure the team is punctual, and internal and external delivery commitments are met.
- Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
- Responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and external customers.
- Partners at a strategic level with functional product owner to define features backlog and requirements, works with technical team internal and external to the initiative to ensure outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality.
- Makes sure project management practices are followed and improved as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 5 -7 years of professional experience
- Preferred experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Knowledge of web development with C#, ASP.NET, Angular, NodeJs, Web services (REST APIs)
- Familiarity with versatile implementation options, including Java, Node.js, Python.
- Understanding of the development of large-scale, web-based solutions involving multiple systems
- Experience in Strategy definition, System & Solution Design, Estimation, Development across various stake holders, System Integration, Acceptance, Deployment, Operations & Monitoring
- Works to define the acceptance criteria for user stories
- Sign off the user story when the criteria's are met
- Communicates with stakeholders
Kochi , India
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more