Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
Software design, development, and support in the field of ocean engineering, data exploitation and analysis. Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the development of high-quality software systems utilizing an array of technologies.
- Responsible for all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Creates and maintains software documentation such as: verification procedures, requirement specifications, interface control documents, testing reports, etc.
- Works as part of a team to meet customer requirements.
- Dedicated to learning new software languages, architectures, and tools.
- Willing to stretch beyond their experience and to take risks to achieve objectives.
- Understands, explains, and seeks ways to improve existing toolsets to gain processing efficiencies, better quality, and broader reach.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's with 14 or more years' experience, Masters with 12 or more years' experience or Doctorate with 9 or more years' experience.
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires an active TS/SCI U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- 5+ years' experience with C# or C++.
- 5+ years' experience with enterprise databases such as Oracle RDBMS or Microsoft SQL server.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in object-oriented design, implementation, and testing.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in software architecture and design of complex systems.
- Experience leading a team of software engineers.
- Comfortable configuring, developing, and debugging on the Windows operating system.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Solid understanding of computer networking and security concepts.
- Experience with implementing every aspect of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Experience developing with ESRI ARCGIS libraries.
- Experience with web-based development.
- Proficiency in UML modeling, test-driven development, agile processes, or DevOps tools.
- Experience with Wireshark or other network packet analysis software.
- Understanding of more advanced networking involving switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Familiarity with cryptography and underlying algorithms.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.