Baker Hughes has an opening for a CNC Mill Machinist working on a Monarch Mill VMC for Long Parts for 1st Shift to support Completions and Wellbore Intervention at our Emmott Road facility in Houston, TX. This machinist will setup and operate a 3-Jaw, 4 axis Monarch Mill VMC with Fanuc control, performing lathe to produce long part components for oilfield equipment. This machinist will read/interpret drawing and operating instructions, inspects parts to ensure accuracy, and performs job in a manner that Safety is a top priority.Essential Responsibilities:
- Sets-up and operates CNC machines and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and Non-metallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
- Reads and interprets safety rules, drawings, procedure manuals and operating instructions.
- Sample parts to determine dimension and tolerances of finish work pieces.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance
- Machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Must be able to select, align, and use cutting tools, attachments, large boring bars and materials on machines.
- Must demonstrate an intermediate skill level of indicating part, mil slots, drill and tap holes and broach parts.
- High school Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of CNC mill experience machining long parts with a minimum of 100-200 inches long.
- Must have current experience with 4 axis Monarch Mill VMC with Fanuc control.
- Must be able to make your own programs on the Fanuc control.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and
- Maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Must be able to work 1st Shift - Monday through Friday from 6am - 2pm
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Long parts machining experience.
- 4-jaw chucking experience.
- Experience in machining oilfield equipment.
- Programming experience
Houston, TX 77040
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.