Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
The Senior Technician performs assembly, integration, factory testing, installation, site testing, maintenance, and repair of complex equipment and systems in his/her area(s) of expertise (mechanical, electro-hydraulic, electrical, and/or electronics) for a variety of projects. The Senior Technician will regularly direct the activities of other technicians of equal or lesser experience. Duties & Responsibilities
- The Senior Technician will perform assembly, integration, factory testing, and maintenance/repairs on equipment/systems within his or her area of expertise in accordance with appropriate standards and procedures and in accordance with appropriate Safety Standards.
- Perform field installation, test/debug, and repair of equipment/systems within his/her area of expertise.
- The Senior Technician is responsible for applying the necessary skills to ensure safe, efficient conduct of the work under the Senior Technician's cognizance.
- Travel on short notice (as little as twelve hours) world-wide, is required with lengthy durations of stay (months) at remote destinations.
- Assist in the manufacture, assembly, integration, testing and operation of structures/equipment to be used for the conduct of project work.
- Assist the Field Engineer and Project/Program Management Staff in establishing schedules, resource requirements, and cost estimates for work to be performed and assist in estimating progress relative to these objectives.
- Assist the Field Engineer and Manager in the identification and implementation of new processes and improvements to existing processes as necessary to enhance the productivity/capability. This includes participation in Technical Working Groups.
- The Senior Technician must be able to supervise and mentor other technicians.
- The Senior Technician must be qualified physically to perform strenuous manual work in heavy construction environments including performing work on ladders and in very confined spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years direct hands-on experience in the area of expertise (mechanical, electro-hydraulic, electrical/electronic), with at least three (3) years' experience with equipment significantly similar to that produced by the division assigned.
- Knowledge of and ability to read component prints, assembly drawings and work instructions.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic power generation systems
- Experience directing the activities and schedules of other mechanical technicians
- Strong leadership and communication skills as necessary to direct other technicians.
- Microsoft Office Products
- Knowledge in operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining those systems, sub-systems and components listed above
- Other Pre-requisites:
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere
- U.S. Persons is required.
This position is considered Shop/Outdoors which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily outdoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Humidity is frequently above 90%. Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable.
- Constant exposure to dust.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY
work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.