Baker Hughes are looking to secure a talented Xmas Tree System Engineer. This individual will be working and collaborating as part of a global engineering group, designing subsea xmas trees for both UK & International sectors. You will be expected to work closely with the manufacturing site which allows a unique opportunity to see projects from conception through to manufacture at the company's state of the art CoE in Montrose. The system engineer has technical responsibility for defining configuration of the tree system designs where assigned to specific global client projects of Well Systems.
The role will contribute within a project team to configure design solutions for both horizontal & vertical subsea xmas tree systems and associated tooling.
This role reports functionally to the regional project engineering manager.Essential Responsibilities:
- Configure engineering solutions to meet client requirements.
- Establish functional requirements and agree approval with internal stake holders & clients.
- Using Teamcentre to create project bill of materials and associated documentation.
- Perform technical reviews in the definition & maintenance of project designs.
- Support internal functions such as supply chain & manufacturing in definition of the product.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis, finite element analysis, flow assurance, or calculations to establish project design verification packages.
- Creation of documentation e.g procedures and datasheets, which support the project solution.
- Identify improvements in existing products, procedures and processes which target cost-out & additive/lean manufacturing practices.
- Collaborate with product owners, controlled titles & operations engineer to agree application of technologies & disposition of deviations from manufacture or suppliers.
- Ensure project designs conform with latest regulatory, environmental & safety standards with implementation of necessary revisions and/or obsolesce of parts.
- Communicate product design standards for interpretation & adherence by others.
- Plan and deliver engineering activities required in product life cycle management.
- Support and witness as required through build & test phases for responsible designs.
- Degree qualification in engineering from accredited university or college.
- Practical knowledge project design process and product life cycle management.
- Practical knowledge of product standards & drafting standards.
- Using strong interpersonal skills to collaborate across the global engineering team
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website