Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Part Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Training and Competency Management System (TCMS) Coordinator for a part-time contract position, located in Aberdeen.
This role is the focal point for Training and Competency Management system and will drive continuous improvement.
The role will co-ordinate all aspects of training and competency and will be responsible for managing and identifying opportunities to enhance the current system, ensuring adherence to all industry / legislative requirements.
- Responsible for all aspects of technical training and competency for the UK Business Unit this includes: competency, skills training, administration, compliance and KPI delivery.
- Responsible for system data integrity which includes current and future personnel and an ability to report and trend data
- Define and author relevant policy procedures and workflows which pertain to the TCMS for the UK Business Unit.
- Authority and super user on the TCMS system and associated processes.
- Responsible for all aspects of technical training and compliance for the UK Business Unit.
- Engage with local management to ascertain technical training requirements and ensure goals and strategies are agreed, Competency, HSE and general skill requirements are fully understood and supported via appropriate training provision.
- Conduct technical training needs analysis to identify any requirements as requested the UK Business Unit.
- Co-ordinate technical training requirements and prioritise across functional groups to minimise cost and meet operational needs. Identifying opportunities and areas of improvement for the delivery of offsite and onsite technical training.
- Build course catalogue and engage with vendors and Supply Chain to tender for the best solution.
- Support the HR team to deliver an integrated and cohesive learning and development approach for the UK Business Unit.
- Conduct verification audits of key contractors workforce Training and Competency systems.
- Strong experience in a similar role with the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Experience of technical training and competency requirements associated with offshore and onshore Oil and Gas operations.
- Able to take KPI data / information and distil it into clear, concise information for leadership.
- Experience engaging with training suppliers and reviewing training solutions
- Background in training and competency management within an operating or service based industry (preferably an Oil and Gas Operator or major service Contractor) preferred.
- Ability to influence key leaders and identify and overcome emerging issues.
- Experience of working with diverse groups of stakeholders and professionally manage relevant communication.
- Strong organisational skills and delivery focus.
- Assessor / Verifier qualifications preferable.
- Skilled computer / systems user including training and competency software, able to pick up the use of systems quickly acting as an authority and super user for all aspects of the TCMS.
- Work with all stakeholders in the Business Unit to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of all TCMS requirements.
- Is responsible to audit PMO training records and 3rd party contributors on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with a variety of stakeholders including external partners, teams, colleagues and contacts.
- Able to establish technical credibility in order to gain the respect of peers, supervisors, and external third parties. Ability to develop practical solutions to problems and gain agreement with senior managers in the BU, corporate and function.
- Maintains working relationships with existing partners. Works effectively within a team or work group as appropriate.
- Solves work-related problems effectively. Provides support and contributes to the performance of the organisation. Manages own workload and prioritises effectively.
- Persuades and influences peers and managers through consideration of their interests, involvement and consultation.
- Develops and promotes new ways of working to improve performance within team and business unit.