Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
As a Senior Petrophysicist, you will acquire and evaluate the primary well data for subsurface reservoirs. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate target reservoirs and interpret petrophysical data in order to predict the hydrocarbon flow potential of the rocks.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Acquire and evaluate the primary well data for subsurface reservoirs; perform or manage complete petrophysical evaluations including (but not limited to) log analysis, conventional core analysis, special core analysis, RDT-pressure analysis, rock mechanical analysis, porosity predictions,
- Saturation-height-modelling, etc.
- Perform consistent petrophysical interpretations (lithology, phi, So, Sg, net, n/g, EPV, sums and averages), culminating in fully documented petrophysical models which describe accurately the distribution of fluids within reservoirs, for eventual implementation in 3D static modelling and dynamic simulation in order to predict the hydrocarbon flow potential of the rocks, i.e. assess the rocks' potential to produce oil and gas using all available data; assess the volumes of hydrocarbons in the reservoirs, differentiating between oil, gas and water.
- Develop strong professional relationships with current and potential clients with a view to generating robust streams of business for the Company.
- Present data, interpretation and reports to clients either individually or as part of the larger project team. This requires excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Support colleagues by assisting them with their petrophysics knowledge
- Mentor the development of less experienced petrophysics colleagues
- Petrophysical Support/Log Analysis/Log Quality Control for LWD Operations
Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years Relevant experience in petrophysical interpretation (cased and open hole, clastic and carbonate lithologies and diagenesis, and fractures detection from logs)
- Understanding of fluid properties and dynamics, fractures and faults systems, clastic and carbonate sedimentology and diagenesis, risk and uncertainty analysis and volumetric estimates.
- IT-literate (Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); experience with G&G databases & petrophysical interpretation PC based software
- Project Management experience in leading integrated studies is desirable
- Experience performing a client-facing role and on their behalf, project managing both petrophysics input into multi-disciplinary integrated projects and liaising with technical, management and commercial staff in client or third party organizations.
- Experience of creating and executing project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, managing the day-day operational aspects of assigned projects.
- Ability to identify resources needed and, in conjunction with the Location Manager, assign individual responsibilities.
- Experience in assisting with the petrophysics input to tender and bid process
- Relevant Master's degree (e.g. Geology, Petroleum Geology, Geo Physics, Applied Geology etc.).
Behaviours & Key Skills
- Combination of technical excellence and strong interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Self-motivated with a 'can-do' attitude;
- Entrepreneurial approach
- Ability to work in a fully-integrated team and also independently
- Candidates must be suitably qualified in their related discipline
The successful candidates will possess the following:-
- High levels of energy, Strong level of commitment, Team focus, Detail focus, Client facing skills, Problem solving skills
- If you feel that you have the skills and experience gained from working in the international oil and gas industry, we would like to hear from you.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Lvl 10, 199 Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, 50400, Malaysia
Requisition Number: 83262
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.