Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defence, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
In order to be considered for this position the successful candidate must be PCN UT (TKY) or MT certified.
This Job serves the operational side of the organization's business. NDT (Non-destructive testing) technicians evaluate the physical properties of a material without causing any damage. They will inspect and test the material to find any possible corrosion, cracks, or other imperfections which could alter its performance or integrity. Duties & Responsibilities Functions
- NDT Ultrasonic Inspection of welds fabricated for Jacket/ transition Piece structures.
- Perform inspection duties with minimal supervision
- Knowledge to work as per NDT procedures and scan plans given
- Set-up/calibrate equipment and interpret/evaluate results with respect to applicable standards and specifications
- Have enough practical background and knowledge in applicable materials, fabrication, and product technology.
- Knowhow on identifying NDT requirements from engineering drawings, preparation of reports after inspection and organized working habit.
- Reports to the site supervisor/ superintendent, ensuring the safe, efficient and profitable day-to-day NDT inspection job for our clients.
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment. Other
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- File Name: ABC123 - Label, Area EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- EN ISO 9712 certification scheme qualified (preferably PCN or CSWIP) UT inspectors in 3.7,3.8 and 3.9 categories of weld configuration. It is good to have UT 3.1 & 3.2 and MT certification also.
- Minimum 5 years of UT weld inspection experience in structural fabrication is mandatory.
- Note: Inspectors having experience only in UT corrosion and thickness gauging will not be entertained.
- Experience in structural welds, fabrication sites are required.
- Desirable to have experience/ knowledge of EN ISO 17640 and EN ISO 11666 standards.
- Experience in structural welds, fabrication sites
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics .
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.