Company: NES Global Talent
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Chatham-Kent, Ontario, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Construction Analyst for a 1 year contract in Chatham, ON.
• Preparation and maintenance of project/portfolio budget summaries by tracking actuals, updating forecasts, and reporting variances on a regular basis.
• Cost tracking of Engineering Construction capital projects. Forecasting the project capital cost.
• Liaise with the Finance Department to initiate and close capital accounts.
• Preparation and maintenance of Alliance Partner KPI reports. Ensure contractors are compliant with the Alliance Partner project controls process.
• Issue CARS numbers to Alliance Partners.
• Analysis of Alliance Partner tracking/forecasting reports.
• Prepare journal entries and accruals for finance.
• Support the creation of project job binders and training binders.
• Monitoring of EHS Contractor oversight process for Engineering.
• Manage Service Request Orders in SAP for Engineering department.
• Maintain project manager estimating tools.
• Update and maintain departmental process and procedures.
• Post-secondary diploma/degree with related background in business administration or accounting.
• Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint)
• Ability to be a self-starter and eagerness to learn
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present data and analysis.
• Ability to maintain positive working relationship with Union's project managers and its contractors.
• Capability to handle multiple projects in established deadlines while managing priorities and stakeholder expectations.
• Meticulous and detail oriented.
NICE TO HAVES:
• Familiarity with SAP
• Accounting or finance experience/education
• Experience working on construction projects in the utilities or oil & gas sectors would be considered an asset, but not required.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.